About Me

My photo
Radiant Cola True Freindship New Sine Wave Cafe, U.S. Outlying Islands

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Thunderbirds are on their way to Wembly!!!

Wow. I'm a soccer mom.

Holy Wow. I'm a soccer fan.

This is the beauty of parenting. Eight weeks ago I had spent thirty-six years contentedly afraid of the ball, even proud of my "crunch and cringe" response and even appreciative of the laughter it would generate (do it for the fans, some gave all, theatre as sport et al.,)

This Sunday I spent three hours screaming HUSTLE and GET OPEN and GOOD EFFORT to the members of Reston Youth Soccer Association. My beautiful son played his little legs off this afternoon, stuffy nose and all. The Thunderbirds leave the spring '07 season UNDEFEATED. Now if only I could get the other parents to indulge in some good old fashioned hooliganism with me sometime soon (strip a strip mall anyone?).

2 comments:

ALINEFX said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alan Kaula said...

Hope to be there someday, cheering on the sidelines.