About Me

My photo
Radiant Cola True Freindship New Sine Wave Cafe, U.S. Outlying Islands

Friday, June 01, 2007

Speed Blog

So the MLK branch of the DC Public Library has 15 minute computers and according to the little timer clock on the bottom of the screen I have less than 10 minutes. On my mark, get set, SPEED BLOG!!

It's hot, it's Friday, it feels like g.dam August out there in the Washington streets. I managed to spend less than ten dollars for a nutritious lunch at the Whole Foods Market. Hint: SKIP THE DELI. I tried some of the new Kashi frozen foods which tasted like frozen coconut with brown rice and chewy chicken. Nothing to surf or travel the world for, but at least the nutritional information assuaged my guilt at not having a fresh spinach salad like I craved. There's a new Kombucha tea out there that costs a dollar less than the Synergy brand I usually drink. This one tastes a lot less like stomach acid in a bottle (even though I rather like the other brand because it makes me feel so good). More like a gingery, sugary drink but better than cola anyday.

It's one of those empty agenda afternoons and I've turned the cell phone off to browse the library in solitude. There may even be a free movie on the 2nd floor later this afternoon. With any luck the Pimsleur Hindi course will have returned so I can get ready for my trip to India later this summer!

1 comment:

ALINEFX said...

ahh, a nice way to pick up spanish for myself as well....

take it from me, you're in paradise compared to here... it was a 119F today and I was traipsing up and down S Rd trying to catch a cab to get back home...