About Me

My photo
Radiant Cola True Freindship New Sine Wave Cafe, U.S. Outlying Islands

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Late Night Calls



















I have an old friend who's famous for never calling or even picking up her telephone, but we go way back (twenty years now) so whatever. Except that lately she's taken to calling my boyfriend's cell phone when she's drunk in the middle of the night. To tell him things like "I'm going to walk my dog" or, "I was walking my dog [drunk] and some fool followed me home and he's in my living room and can you get rid of him?". Last night more of the same at 1:25 in the AM. I just handed him the telephone and sarcastically said "It's your girlfriend". I've checked his cell phone and he's not calling her that I can tell. And we're together all the time so if they did anything it was in a blink of the eye. Tori Amos sings The sexiest thing is trust which feels true compared to this springtime frost that courses through my veins when I think about how ridiculous he is for defending her calls ("she's drunk and we're friends"). Fuck the lot of 'em. Why am I continuing to surround myself with people who hate me? Oh yeah, I'm mentally ill.