About Me

My photo
Radiant Cola True Freindship New Sine Wave Cafe, U.S. Outlying Islands

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sunder's Legacy


Today all the fruit from the Kaula tree congealed into so much sweet jam I'm left licking my lips all happy in new contentment. My sister Charmaine drove down 95 on her way to Fort Bragg where Uncle Sam plans to put her on a plane to South Korea early tomorrow morning. We missed a 24 year reunion by a few miles thanks to those last minute orders. It looks like we'll have to plan a trip down there to see her, soon. She's so kind and warm over the phone, as nice as she ever was, my big half-sister. Alan sent me this photo of our father and it makes me smile to think that all the troubles at Sikandra road are finally finished and that all of his seed will be gathered at jolly old house late this summer to finish the saga. My cousin Goldie and Uncle Darshan are taking good care of all of our interests and I feel really lucky to have such a nice family, as distant as we all are.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that's what Big Poppa Volaille looks like! Interesting to read this entry the same day I am having a Farah family "mean sister showdown"...over the internet.
Distance can be such a blessing sometimes...

but i miss you.

Alan Kaula said...

Feels good to see a pic of dad on the internet. He did have all the right ideas about the WWW way back when. I guess he was ahead of his time in that way. Looking good Pops!

chartreuse velour said...

i had no idea you had siblings! huh!

hope everything is going well.

Alan Kaula said...

What a difference 2 years make.