About Me

My photo
Radiant Cola True Freindship New Sine Wave Cafe, U.S. Outlying Islands

Friday, July 07, 2006

Bloggers Remorse

In the past month this blog has become one of my top ten creativity priorities. As a result I have noticed a profound difference in how I view my life, self and others. With the I need to post directive at the forefront of my daily agenda it's become necessary for me to listen and look at everything with more concentration, so that I can translate all that grist through this writing mill.

Today a close friend called and asked me why I would blog my concerns without talking to him about them at first.

This is a valid question. When I watch The Jerry Springer Show I always wonder why a person would go on the most famous trash talk show to break it off with someone they profess to "love".
I am pretty sure there haven't been any fist fights on this blog site (at least none that I have had to referee). But this conversation was an opening bell.

There's an expression that writers need the luxury of dead parents. My father is already gone and the thought of losing Mom is devastating. And I love my friends so much I'm working on a special tribute to thank them for everything they've given. But I also love this blog. It's given me a reason to write on a regular. A reason to play in PhotoPaint instead of the old "It passes the time". And I would be untrue to my Leo Sun/Leo Rising roots if I didn't admit I do it all for the audience, baby - even if that audience is represented by a lonely clustr map dot.

Yet I can see my friend's concern and feel his anguish. It's not a juvenile Go Get Your Own Blog situation we're dealing with here. It's got me questioning my own motivations. As an artist where do I draw the line between personal blog journaling and the necessary limits, rules and boundaries of a given relationship?

No comments: