About Me

My photo
Radiant Cola True Freindship New Sine Wave Cafe, U.S. Outlying Islands

Monday, December 25, 2006

Na New Na New

Another Christmas has passed. The Nano was met with rapturous wonder and many cinnamon kisses bestowed upon this beleaguered Mom. The Nano has a name: Tony.

I am filled with roast, wine and Godiva and cheered by news from friends all over the globe:

* Lu & Anis blew off the holiday and spent their day in Qatar watching Al Jazeera.

*The Shippee's in LA sent another batch of ultra-gorge family photos. Has someone alerted Maddox Jolie that Zoe Shippee is THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED baby in the world? They are so lovely and it never makes me feel icky even though Alice could be the editor in chief of Redbook magazine!

*John kept calling from Brooklyn to greet his baby brother (who hung up on me twice today).

*Brian got his own MP3 player and will no doubt quicken the healing working in his brother's new Pro Tools LE studio.

*Packie Jerkins saved her man's new kicks for that magical day 34 months from now when he's released from prison.

*Jet bought Bella a sandwich and used up over twenty of her pre-paid minutes to commiserate with me.

*And then Berlin came a-calling, with XiaBau and Bambi Steele singing in Czech, drunk off of many bottles of red wine and readying the Baileys (there was a lot of blabbing about Saphic Love but who knows anymore).

I spent the day trying to figure out iTunes play lists, syncing and censoring rap lyrics for download. Then Claude wanted me to hook up the VCR (you read right). It was all so maddening I haven't had the time to dwell on how the rest of this week is going to turn out.

My mother's house is so clean, inviting, orderly, chic. I can't imagine how I am related to her at all.

No comments: