About Me

My photo
Radiant Cola True Freindship New Sine Wave Cafe, U.S. Outlying Islands

Monday, July 24, 2006

Where I've Been



  • Conceived at the Lodhi Hotel, New Delhi, India
  • Born at General Hospital, in Louisville, Kentucky, USA
  • My first sentence: "See The Water" (with a British accent thanks to my nanny, Sister Cathy) whilst viewing the Potomac River in Washington, DC
  • Ran through ancient castles as a toddler with my Uncle James in Wales, UK
  • Wrote my first song, I'm in Love With a Cock-a-Roach (Yeah, Yeah, Yeah) at Shepherds Square Projects, Louisville, KY
  • Moved to India when my mother received her first State Department posting in 1975
  • Started reading Archie and Amar Chitra Katha comics in 1977 at our apartment in Bombay
  • Learned to sing, act and dance Bharat Natyam at Kodaikanal School, in Tamil Nadu
  • Wore a 1940's woman's bathing suit, complete with pointy shelf bra, in Tricomalee, Sri Lanka, when I forgot mine at Stacey's house in Colombo.
  • Got drunk (on pink champagne) for the first time at age ten at my parents wedding in Dacca, Bangladesh
  • Fell in love for the first time with a gorgeous German senior as a freshman in Taipei, Taiwan
  • Got busted for smoking pot behind the science blocks at a British boarding school in Singapore. After a three week suspension they took me back. Four months later expelled for partying with some sailors from the USS San Cimarron at the Beer House in Far East Plaza. Thankfully they were gentlemen and I looked like I was ten instead of fifteen!
  • Conquered Nature, the Alto section, rock 'n roll, tram parties and Ricky & Pinky's tattoos during my last two years of high school in Hong Kong, back in the British days.
  • Discovered the pain and pleasures of early adulthood as well as how to hypermodulate to mixolydian without splitting the octave at Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts.
  • Discovered the joys of the coffee houses in Bergen Op Zoom, Rotterdam and Amsterdam, The Netherlands
  • Danced the De Dans with Doody in Libreville, Gabon. Strolled the Trechville Market in Abidjian. Contracted a dengue-like strain in Sao Tome y Principe.
  • Started my partnership with Fox, rocked it V-style with Lu and the crew, met my husband and conceived my baby in Brussels, Belgium.
  • Endured 22 hours of natural child birth, a month after my wedding, in Fort Worth, Texas.
  • Suffered through the Takin' It To The People Tour of 1998....where my fragile union broke up somewhere on the road between Arkansas and Montreal.
  • Started this blog in Anacostia, SE DC in 2005
(with adventures in other locales shaded on these two maps)


create your own visited countries map
create your own visited states map

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had the great fortune of meeting you in Hong Kong....jammed out some tunes, you know "I hear the ticking of the clock, I'm lyin' here. The room's pitch dark.".... And we're still in touch. Awesome! I love you!!! (Ali-Baba)

ALINEFX said...

Haven't been to as many place as you have but feel like a Nomad anyways. Sigh! if only I could fit in somewhere!